A wake-up call for the Serbian people

by 1389 on September 19, 2011

in 1389 Blog Mailbox, Islam, Kosovo, mainstream media, Serbia, Serbs must help Serbs, USA

Kosovo Is Serbia

From: julian
To: 1389 Blog
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: Senator Marco Rubio Slanders the Serbian People – PLEASE FORWARD

Hello my friend –

I agree wholeheartedly and have contacted Sen. Rubio’s office. But if you have a moment, I would like to offer some suggestions which may be helpful.

You may recall perhaps that I once posted a comment on this topic, but regardless, let me begin by saying that I have long, long been a fan of Serbia and the Serb people. I know some of the history of the country, and the region, and I know of the heroic efforts made in WWII and after, against the Nazis. And I know how the US and the UK both betrayed the good people by turning their backs on the Serbs after the war and thus allowing Russia to begin the spread into the region. So I can understand how the Serbs could have held a justified grudge against the US.

And again, regarding the Kosovo issue, the US seemed to place itself on the wrong side of the moral issues entirely; I had a bumper sticker which I proudly displayed on my auto, reading “Kosovo IS Serbia!” as well as the national crest. Yet for all this, the only contacts I have ever had, or tied to have, with Serbs, have always been most unhappy ones.

During the Kosovo independence campaign, I wrote to at least eight (8) different Serb organizations by emailing them. what can I do to help? I asked. Who can I contact, what do you need, are there materials I can obtain and distribute? Can I help by contacting my own Senators and Congressmen? And out of eight efforts to help, how many replies do you think I received? To date – none. Zero. And that was, of course, several years back when the issue was current!

The experience I had with a Serb lady who advertised on EBay was equally disappointing; I had wanted to obtain some Serb militaria to add to a display I had set up, to try to acquaint some parties with Serbia’s great military tradition and her greatness as an ally of the Western forces during WWII. I ordered a few things from her, the amount was not large at all, but she not only never sent any items, nor offered a refund, but lied to me time after time about them. So you see – I have never had a good or pleasant interaction with any Serbs, and if I were the kind to believe the lies of our leftist, corrupt ‘mainstream media’ , this would all reinforce their message that the Serbs were all dishonest, cutthroat thugs. If you never noticed, many of the TV shows refer often to a ‘Serb mafia’, or ‘the Serbian gangs’ or whatever. The hired assassin? A Serb. The serial killer? Serb! Mercenary who blew up a kindergarten after raping the teacher on the desk and stealing the children’s lunchboxes? Serb! Never is a Serb portrayed as good.

My point in this is simple. The way that the muslims, God curse them, have made so many inroads is not only by terrorist acts and protests, lawsuits, and so on. But they also – when not busy raping children and animals, beheading their families, or blowing up unarmed people – have various smooth talking people who visit mayors and Senators and governors, and school teachers, and who speak in public forums to tell everyone that the muslims are really sweet and gentle. Of course we know it is a lie, but they have still gained influence this way. So, it would greatly help Serbs everywhere if the Serbs – as a united people, no matter where in the world they might be – could actually go out of their way to expose everyday people to Serbs – as well as elected officials and teachers and others in the public eye. If they always ignore those who try to reach out to them in friendship, then they will reinforce that awful image that the media has pushed for so long. But if every Serb in America was an ambassador for Serbia and her cause – what a change it would make!

So there we are – I still respect and honor the nation of Serbia and always will, for their cause is just. But if you have any contact with Serbs en masse, please let them know that they are the only key to destroying that perverse image that the media present, and letting the American people know that the Serbs are decent people after all.

Thanks, and God bless –
J

1 J September 19, 2011 at 9:21 pm

It feels odd to be the first to comment on my own note – but as an addendum, please let me say that it is my heartfelt prayer that my words may inspire more good Serbs to be proud of their heritage; to learn their noble history and be ready to explain it to those who do not know; and to feel honored to say out loud, yes, by the grace of God, I am Serbian!

2 1389 September 19, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Good to hear from you!

Yes, this is one of the reasons why we blog!

3 Batman September 20, 2011 at 6:57 am

…and the most important advice of all to the Serbs – Do not join the EU. It is the death of democracy.

4 Nikolaj January 28, 2012 at 5:27 pm

I’ll be direct.
1389, you are wasting your time in trying to help the Serbs. I get the feeling that you have an idealized image of what Serbs and Serbia are like, and you tend to think that is what they’re actually like. They aren’t.
I’ve been visiting this blog for a while, and I genuinely enjoy the articles, but your perception of Serbs is far from accurate.
If you want to see what Serbs are really like, go to Serbia, and talk to people who are under the age of 40 (they’re the future of the country anyway), and have a look at what they’re like. Ill give you a few hints. Sex. Abortions. Drugs. Alcohol. Clubbing. Nike shoes.
They could not care less about Kosovo, or Orthodoxy or whatever. Those that do are in the minority, and even then, they don’t ‘actually’ care. Its more an image thing.

All that is left of Serbdom is a shadow, and this is coming from a Serb. Serbdom is dead, and if abortion rates and birth rates are anything to go by, it looks like it will stay dead.

5 CzechRebel January 29, 2012 at 12:00 am

We appreciate your point of view. It must be very disheartening to see those countrymen who have turned the backs on their fine heritage. I don’t think there is anyone on this blog who is so unrealistic as believe the Serbs are some sort of idealistic angels. The theme of the blog is counterjihad. If no Serb ever again lifts a finger to fight evil, it will not take away from the wonderful history they have already left behind.

OK, back in Belgrade things may look bleak. We have heard from other sources that things may not look so rosy over there. (See Abortion and the Pro-Life Movement in Serbia.) However, we have seen enough in America. For example:

1. On the streets of Chicago, during the 1999 bombing we saw the heart of the Serbian people, again and again, starting with the prayers of a number of Orthodox priests continuing in a rally and later with a march.

2. In Huntsville, Alabama, we have a “Serbian” Orthodox Church with services only in English. English because the parishioners were (with perhaps a single exception) not Serbs. It seems that there had been some sort of a dispute at the local Greek Orthodox parish, regarding a growing number of converts who were unhappy about too many services in Greek and not enough in English. None of the other administrations would start a missionary church, only the Serbs. They have to fly a priest out from Chicago, but it is a start.

3. I attended the funeral of a former Chetnik fighter. He was an amazing man who survived the war, shared Serbian culture with everyone he met and promoted Orthodoxy. Many, many Americans joined the Orthodox Church as a result of his evangelism.

It may look bleak now. And maybe the Serbian brand of Orthodox Christianity is weaning in “the old country.” If so, we are genuinely sorry. However, the Serbian people have dedicated themselves to God in the past and we believe the Serbian people are capable of more. When the pressure is on, the Serbs seem to manage to do the right thing, somehow.