Utøya Attack Shows Magnanimity of Israel and Vacuity of BDS Campaign

by 1389 on July 24, 2011

in 1389 (blog admin), Anders Behring Breivik, BDS, Blogmocracy (colleagues), crime, Israel, leftist-jihadist convergence, PC MC, Scandinavia/Nordic region

2.0 The Blogmocracy: Norway Youth Camp had a boycott Israel rally

Boycott Israel sign at Utøya youth camp

After reading this lunatic’s manifesto, it became clear why he attacked this youth center. It was a Leftist indoctrination camp. One of the activities at this camp was the demonization of Israel. In fact, when the shooting began, some thought it was a simulation of what they are taught, Israel does in Gaza.

“Some of my friends tried to stop him by talking to him. Many people think on the island that it was a test … comparing it to how it is to live in Gaza. So many people went to him and tried to talk to him, but they were shot immediately.” – Adrian Pracon

Why would these kids think this? Clearly there was anti-Israel/Jewish indoctrination going on. In fact, a few days before the shooting, the Norwegian Foreign Minister attended a boycott Israel event at this camp…

Read the rest.

Commenter newsjunkie_ky on the above Blogmocracy thread posted the following link:

Israel offers aid to Norway after massacre

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a statement on Saturday night offering his condolences to the Norwegian people, one day after a Norwegian extremist carried out a bombing in the government center in Oslo, killing seven people, before heading to an island summer camp for young members of the governing Labor Party and killing at least 80 people, many of them teenagers.

“The Israeli people identify with the deep pain and grief of the Norwegian people,” Netanyahu said in his statement.

President Shimon Peres also sent a condolence letter to the people of Norway, saying, “Israel is shocked and feels the pain of the Norwegian people over this heinous murder of innocent young people. Our hearts go out to the families who lost their loved ones and we pray for the healing of the injured.”

Peres also wrote to the king of Norway that Israel was ready to offer any assistance necessary.

Meanwhile, Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon also sent Norway an official offer of assistance. Norway has reportedly declined Israel’s offer.

Ayalon told Israel Hayom, “I offered help in rescuing victims, as well as medical and forensic assistance for identification. Unfortunately, we have an advantage in these fields because of the attacks that have taken place in Israel.”…

More here.

This stands as one more example of the nobility and magnanimity of the nation and people of Israel as benefactors of humanity.

Magnanimity is a sadly unfamiliar concept these days. The word is falling into obscurity. Let me take this opportunity to breathe fresh life into it:

Dictionary.com: Magnanimous

mag·nan·i·mous

[mag-nan-uh-muhs] adjective

1. generous in forgiving an insult or injury; free from petty resentfulness or vindictiveness: to be magnanimous toward one’s enemies.
2. high-minded; noble: a just and magnanimous ruler.
3. proceeding from or revealing generosity or nobility of mind, character, etc.: a magnanimous gesture of forgiveness.

The hypocrisy of the left

Here I quote Et Norsk Troll on Blogmocracy:

I had better hear a *LOT* of the ‘we need to understand why this was done to us’ babbling from the Left, like was done after 9/11.

After 9/11, every liberal and his friend explored every way possible that America was responsible for causing the Muslim Jihadis to strike…

…now I want to see them genuflect on why they provoked Anders to strike.

Good for the goose, good for the gander, says I.

I have a few suggestions:

• “What is it that we have done to deserve being bombed and our children shot to death?”
  • “What policies should we change so that we don’t offend the World’s Right?”
  • “What kind of submissive dialog should we engage in with the Right so this kind of thing doesn’t happen again”.

Add your own, Blogmocracy Community. You have my permission.

1 EscapeVelocity July 24, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Ben at Harry’s Place said…

The rulers of Norway have much to answer for in their hostile policies towards Israel and the tiny Norwegian Jewish community.

The Norwegian socialist ruling party is the sole West European Government to have recognised the Hamas terrorist movement. We never heard their voices when Palestinians were murdering hundreds of civilians in Israel after they reneged on the Oslo accords. Norway too is planning to renege on the Oslo accords by supporting a unilateral declaration of Palestinian independence at the UN this coming September. Norway’s representative was the sole European delegate to remain in his seat and listen to Iran’s President Ahmedi-Nezhad Holocaust-denying and Jew-baiting speech at the Durban Conference.

When Arfan Bhatti fired a machinegun at the synagogue in Oslo in September 2006, a Norwegian court found him and his accomplices not guilty of carrying out terrorist acts. The Norwegian Jewish community had a long and ugly struggle to reclaim communal Jewish property that was confiscated in WW2 by the Quisling collaborationist Government, and it was purportedly left-wing Norwegian politicians and civil servants who laboured mightily to sabotage the return.

The notoriously anti-Israeli Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Stoere who spoke at the Labor Party’s youth camp before the massacre was welcomed by a background of posters with “Boycott Israel” written on them.

2 jpeditor July 25, 2011 at 12:21 am

Tragic event, excellent analysis.

3 Hesperado July 25, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Et Norsk Troll’s rhetorical questions are pertinent; however, on the other side, I feel that major bloggers like Baron Bodissey, Fjordman, El Ingles, and Lawrence Auster, as well as many of their supportive readers (there may well be others, including my colleagues here) need to stop prevaricating incoherently and choose one or the other position:

1) Yes, Breivik is right, we are being oppressed by evil totalitarians and we should be at war

or

2) No, Breivik is exaggerating the problem, and while the Western mainstream establishment has been unconscionably remiss in their obligation to defend their own societies from Muslims, that establishment is not a totalitarian regime oppressing us, nor are they thus our Enemy against which we should fight a (Civil) War.

If individuals in the Counterjihad choose #1 as best expressing their convictions, then they have take the second step:

b) Explain why what Breivik did was wrong: if we are in a Red Alarm Emergency where evil totalitarians are oppressing us in the West and we should be at war against them, and if that Utoya Camp was precisely indoctrinating and producing the evil people who are our Enemy, why was Breivik wrong in killing them?

If, however, individuals in the Counterjihad choose #2 as best expressing their convictions, then they need to dial down their inflammatory and reckless language by which they describe the problem of the West’s myopia to the problem of Islam.

4 Hesperado July 25, 2011 at 3:24 pm

The counterjihad commenter “Zenster” (a regular reader and commenter on Gates of Vienna), comes the closest to the brink of crossing the line in support of Breivik explicitly, though he continues to use incoherently hedging language by which to try to claim that he is not justifying Breivik — in his comment recently on Gates of Vienna stamped 7/23/2011 11:42 PM:

At least, however, Zenster is articulating more clearly and directly than other Counterjihad writers the, let us say, kinship between their extreme views about how evil the mainstream West is, and Breivik’s supposed motivation.

5 1389 July 25, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Zenster is part of the team on 1389 Blog, and he can answer you if he wishes to do so. I cannot speak for Zenster.

Breivik is right about mass immigration being a bad thing in general, and Muslim immigration being catastrophically bad. He is also right about socialism and leftism in general being ruinous. Where we differ is on what methods are acceptable to use for changing policy.

It is not for me to pass judgment on the mainstream West as a whole. I don’t know whether or not the West, as such, is doomed, Predicting the future is not my concern. I have no interest in that. I know that it is up to me to dig up and reveal the truth on 1389 Blog (and elsewhere), with the intention of converting more and more people to my way of thinking with regard to policy issues. Whether this effort ultimately succeeds is beyond my control.

I think it was John Quincy Adams who said, “Man proposes, God disposes.”

6 1389 July 25, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I do not think that my own language is too inflammatory. I tell it like it is about Islam. I am trying to influence public policy.

I should be able to decry the obvious and sometimes criminal folly of our political leaders without being accused of fomenting violence.

7 Hesperado July 25, 2011 at 7:56 pm

1389,

I wouldn’t accuse you of fomenting violence. However, there is a fine line between depicting the folly of our political leaders and characterizing the system by which they govern as in any way tyrannical or totalitarian (even if only “crypto”-totalitarian). Beyond that, I have not seen you indulge in a kind of apocalyptic doom-knelling, whereby the rottenness of the current system dominating the West is perceived to be so bad, it will soon unravel into general pan-Western chaos and civil war — but I have seen Baron Bodissey, Fjordman and El Ingles indulge in these scenarios at profound, intense and massive length and detail. The way they depict our current situation, the response of Breivik makes sense. But yet they claim to be ethically horrified by Breivik’s actions. I believe they are sincere in their ethical horror at Breivik’s actions. That’s why I also think they are being incoherent and irresponsible with their analyses.

8 1389 July 25, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I’ve read (or at least skimmed through) a few of those future scenarios, even though I find prognostications in general to be both boring and unconvincing. I keep thinking that people should have better things to do with their time, or maybe that they need to see a professional about anxiety and depression.

For a long time, there have been a lot of people throughout the US who go on and on about survival skills, storing food, how to get by in a post-apocalyptic scenario, and so on and so forth. I just roll my eyes when I hear that stuff. I am old enough to remember people peddling the same line back in the 1970s, and most of those people have died by now – of natural causes. Apparently, it isn’t healthy to obsess about stuff like that.

Anybody who takes a look at predictions of the future that were written a few decades ago will see how little resemblance any of them bear to reality. There are too many variables to predict the future with even “ball-park” accuracy – especially those variables that matter, but that we are completely unaware of. Our models of how things work just aren’t that good.

I think that people who write up these grim depictions of the future are indulging their anxieties and wallowing in the temptation to the sin of despair. But this is nothing unique to the Counterjihad. People can see the same sort of stuff on television, with people predicting the end of the world with an asteroid impact, or with the Mayan calendar in 2012, or global warming, or Nostradamus, or some television evangelist predicting the date of Armageddon, or whatever else.

That’s not what this blog is about. Suffice it to say that 1389 Blog is hard news and commentary on the news (except, of course, for Caturday, which I skipped last week because I didn’t feel up to it). The hard news and commentary is primarily about the counterjihad, with a focus on activism – practical, legal things we can do to make ourselves heard.

We also run a few other articles on the political and economic scene in general, primarily in the Anglosphere. And yes, we have some articles about Orthodox Christianity, simply because CzechRebel and I are Orthodox Christians, and this is a pro-Serb blog. The purpose is to introduce people to what Serbs and Orthodox Christians are all about. We are, after all, at the front lines of Muslim persecution.

But when it comes to speculating about future scenarios – that’s fiction, as far as I’m concerned, and we don’t do fiction here.

9 J July 25, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Have only recently found this site and it is superb.
Speaking as one from the USA, I can tell you that OUR government is, indeed, tyrannical and despotic, no matter what soft terms may be used to avoid calling it by the proper name. And as the writer Rotchikokovv said, unless one recognizes islam as a terminal disease, then one cannot expect to escape its end result. If a person tries to reason and speak calmly to a terminal liver tumour, or find common ground with one’s child’s leukemia, or perhaps share tea and biscuits with a parent’s pancreatic cancer, expecting to have things turn out in a pleasant state of mutual forbearance, then one should go ahead and choose a flattering tombstone and a profound epitaph.
Historically, islam has consistently pushed forward with carefully orchestrated rape and pillage, slavery and mass murder, until the objects of their hatred are dead / converted / enslaved, OR until such time as their enemies rise up without any restraint and end the muslim aggression by all means necessary.

To any Serbs who might read this – please accept my apologies, on behalf of the USA, for the betrayals which have been done to your country by the leaders of ours, going back as far as WWII and continuing through the Clintonistas. Although I did try to reach out to various American Serb groups during the Kosovan conflict and controversy, I was generally ignored or rebuffed – yet I never took this personally, as the Serbs would have every right to mistrust us.
Godspeed to one and all. Deo Vindice.

10 no2liberals July 26, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Attempting to attach rational motives to the actions of Breivik is a fool’s errand.
He is not a model for rational man.

Many of us are resentful of our government’s attempts to rule us and some of us actually do have contingency plans in the event of TEOTWAWKI. That isn’t irrational. Murdering innocent people is not only irrational, it is criminal behavior in a civilized state or an anarchic one.
I find the discussion of his motivations distracting and futile. Where I think the Breivik case gets interesting is when his crimes and his nuttiness meet the alleged criminal justice system in Norway. There is no death penalty in Norway, or in the EU-SSR, with LWOP as the highest punishment and there are those that LWOP should be repealed as a violation of human rights.
It will be fascinating to watch the hybristophiles, that typically try and interject their fetish for murderers on our death row inmates in Texas, as they fawn over a notorious murderer in their midst. They are probably already starting up webpages to support him and compete to be his jail house bride.
We would all have been better served if the Norwegian police that wounded and captured him had finished him off on the spot.

11 no2liberals July 26, 2011 at 11:37 pm

The prison that Breivik will likely go to…The Super-Lux Super Max.

Poor baby! Such a cruel fate.
/s

12 1389 July 27, 2011 at 9:38 am

I wholeheartedly agree with your last sentence. However, if you look at this article: Norway killings: The story unfolds – you will see why that didn’t happen. The police were utterly incapable of handling the situation. In fact, police in Norway are unarmed unless they have specific approval to be armed for a particular situation. That does not contribute to police readiness.

13 no2liberals July 27, 2011 at 11:49 pm

God help those folks in Norway, as their government won’t and won’t allow them the means to do so.
I traveled extensively when I was younger and lived in another country for several years, but when I wised up, I got my a** back to Texas and nailed my feet to the ground.
I wouldn’t trade our freedoms for anything Norway(and other countries) call being “civilized.” What has happened in Norway is what I dread the most happening in this country, losing all sense of personal responsibility and allowing government to control our lives.
I have a family member that is a counter-terrorism FBI agent and he visited Norway several years ago to conduct some training with Norwegian law enforcement. In return, a contingent of them came to Texas for further training. They couldn’t believe that he could go to the firing range anytime he wished and that the vast majority of our citizens are armed.
As an individual, I am probably better armed than most Norwegian police departments and infinitely better trained, whether it is close quarter battle or long range shots. I wouldn’t trade the individual freedom or the personal power I have as a citizen, that can be called on if ever an emergency situation arose, for any semblance of life in the EU.
Just as the schools in the U.S. don’t educate our students on our history, I suspect that the same has occurred in Norway, only much longer ago than here.

14 Hesperado July 28, 2011 at 12:49 am

“Murdering innocent people is not only irrational, it is criminal behavior in a civilized state or an anarchic one.”

As with jihadists, “innocent” is a problematic term. If you think of yourself at war with an Enemy who is trying to destroy your society, then anyone who in your mind belongs to that Enemy may no longer be exempt as “innocent”.

The question I continue to ponder is, if the West is as profoundly corrupt and evil as certain members of the Anti-Islam movement seem to think, this at the very least, by the logic of such a view, expands the number of “guilty” enemies among us. Breivik likely is insane; and no war wants insane soldiers. But do we think we are at war against our own West? If we do, we are different from Breivik only by degree; and that degree of separation has yet to be coherently defended in any case.

P.S.: As my readers should know, I do not think we are, or should be, at war against our own West.

15 1389 July 28, 2011 at 12:23 pm

@jpeditor,

Thanks very much!

16 Don Laird July 31, 2011 at 3:05 am

Hello there………its me………..again,

More and more truth comes to the surface regarding those moments on Utoya Island…….it seems the parents of these youth had decided to place their very own flesh and blood into the murderous crucible of international politics………it seems that Utoya, at first glance an idyllic Norwegian playground, was little more than a training ground for the cannon fodder of Hamas and Hezbollah as young men and women were readied, through brain-washing and a steady diet of propaganda, to be placed into the breech of islamic terrorism………

Utoya Island, a sort of Ikea-esque version of the madrassas of Pakistan where the very finest of suicide bombers are moulded……….

So, I thought I would share my thoughts with you on parents who throw their children to lions………

Here lays the truth….

There is no difference between the muslim who whispers the blackest of lies in the ears of the unloved, the easily impressed and the dull witted and then, for the sake of political agenda, ignites these same lost souls in a blinding flash of light in the marketplace….where in a symphony of carnage and the sweetest of agony, the innocent are borne away on rivers of blood………this Middle Eastern creation, the work of madmen, the pride of Lucifer himself….. yet greatly admired by some as so too the Norwegian politicians and academia who whisper lies into the ears of their own children as they set out to the island of Utoya…….these so called educated and enlightened men and women who champion the cause of psychopathic, terroristic murderers…..these Norwegian men and women, closet national socialists, who seek the murder and annihilation of all Jewry on a global scale….these monstrous Norwegian men and women who whisper lies into their children’s ears and then set these children loose into the political arena to, in seeking, as all children do, the approving eye of that which gave them life, willingly act as little more than cannon fodder for their parents vicious agenda………

How incredibly sick……..how incredibly demented, these Norwegians who use their children as pawns in a game that they themselves are loathe to play……..wretched bloody cowards the lot……and now they stand on the world stage and, tears flowing down cheeks, with hand on heart, with refrains of melodramatic background music as their flesh and blood is lowered into the ground…..and now……with obscene hypocrisy……….they seek our solace and our sympathy…..what wretched souls these sick Norwegian psychopaths…….now, having offered up their very own children to the cause and conflict of islam and terrorism they will be accorded, with admiring deference by their fellow media luminaries, academics and politicians, the very best seats in cafes and bistros…..where, noshing on exotic cuisine, sipping expensive wines, dressed in shemaghs and wrapped in the Palestinian flag, the haute couture of media, mass murders and academia everywhere, they will be treated as celebrities for murdering their very own children…..how utterly vile………..

In the darkened doorways lurk the omnipresent leering muslim vultures, Hamas and Hezbollah…….they sit quietly and marvel at a job well done…..for the slaughter of these deluded youth was a win/win massacre for muslims…….you find evidence of that in their immediate reaction to the bombing as every Jihadist group, muslim and islamist with an axe to grind didn’t just rush to the Norwegian river of blood….no, they jumped in and, splashing and frolicking about, claiming responsibility…..revelling, as they love to do, in the death and misery of innocents and children…….

But as events unfolded and it became apparent that Anders Breivik was responsible……….these muslims faded away quietly as here was something beyond their wildest dreams…..and the academia smiled………..and the media was delighted…….and the band played on………..

How utterly bloody wretched…….

Regards, Don Laird