Originally published on Gates of Vienna Saturday July 23, 2011.

Reprinted with permission.

The Fjordman Report
I notice that certain bloggers such as Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs keep spreading the utterly false rumor that I am the evil shooter from Utøya, the island just outside of Oslo.

I have absolutely no idea who planted that rumor or for what reason, but they obviously don’t wish me well. For the record, I was live-blogging about these horrible events the entire Friday evening, which can be confirmed by nearly a dozen different individuals.

I didn’t respond to these rumors earlier because I was too emotionally exhausted from yesterday’s events. It was hard to pay attention to such things, but now I feel that I must. Some people really do want to smear me that badly.

More here:

1 Hesperado July 24, 2011 at 12:43 am

The allegation that Fjordman is the Oslo mass-murderer is so ludicrous I don’t think even Charles Johnson, as unhinged as he is, meant it literally. He must be promoting that rumor for rhetorical purposes, as an egregiously provocative way of pushing the idea that the perpetrator might as well be a Fjordman.

For my thoughts on this and related knots in this tangle, see:

2 EscapeVelocity July 24, 2011 at 10:55 am

This blood libel against Fjordman and others in the Counter Jihad movement is entirely predictable. They blood libeled Sarah Palin not to long ago.

3 EscapeVelocity July 24, 2011 at 11:38 am

I think it needs to a primary goal to keep pushing that Fjordman and Pam Geller et al. are being blamed for this mass murder….but Islam, the Koran, Muhammad, et al are being let off the hook. Only one of those groups expressly and profusely promotes violence, mass murder, imperialist supremacist colonization, etc.

4 Madsen July 25, 2011 at 9:22 am

Two questions:
Do you defend violence against muslims as a means to change norways policy?
Do defend violence against norwegian citizens as a means to change our policy?

5 1389 July 25, 2011 at 9:34 am

Fjordman does not blog directly on this site. This is a mirror of an article on Gates of Vienna. Fjordman has already made it clear, on Gates of Vienna, that he does not defend violence against Muslims, or against Norwegian citizens, as a way to change Norway’s policy.

6 Always On Watch July 25, 2011 at 12:25 pm

We “counter-jihadists” are now on the defensive. Ugh.

7 1389 July 25, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Always On Watch,

We shouldn’t have to be. If we go on the defensive, then we are letting our adversaries dictate the terms of the debate.

People are responsible for their own actions, or in all too many cases, for their own inaction.

If we stop making the effort to get the truth out because we’re afraid of guilt by association, then we will bear responsibility for whatever future evils result from our failure to speak up.

I am not going to issue any more disclaimers. We are not responsible for the mental state of people who go out and do things that we never suggested or advocated that anyone do. And that’s that!

8 Jan P July 26, 2011 at 5:20 am

What can we expect from the left anymore? They are disconnected from reality and ahve no sense of self-preservation.

They have imprisoned themselves in an ideological jail form which they will only escape when they personally suffer the horrors that they want the rest of us to suffer.