(h/t: Blazing Cat Fur)
Yes, it’s true. Imams are conducting Muslim prayers every Friday in the cafeteria of the Valley Park Middle School in Toronto. And yes, female students must sit in the back, and females who are menstruating must sit even further back and are forbidden to participate in the prayers. (See SteynOnline: How Unclean Was My Valley.) As you can imagine, the mosqueteria controversy is still going on.
No, I most certainly do NOT agree with everything Tarek Fatah says in the above video – though he has a valid point in objecting to discrimination against women and girls. But Tarek Fatah is completely incorrect in claiming that discrimination against women and girls is non-Islamic. (See “Because Allah afflicted Eve, all of the women of this world menstruate and are stupid” and Winds of Jihad: Islam in Canuckistan: Menstruating Females Squat in the Back.)
Oh, and by the way, I keep asking whether halal food is being served in school cafeterias, and if so, who is paying for it. But I never seem to get an answer.
More links on other topics – please visit them all!
I am waaaaay too busy to do a proper blog post on each one of these issues at the moment. But there’s a superabundance of news and views that haven’t been covered here yet.
- Blazing Cat Fur: Ezra Levant speaks on the July 13 Mumbai attack
- We the People: Obama’s bumblers damage military voting rights
- We the People: Obama’s Tear-Jerking Story About His Uninsured Dying Mother was a Lie
- The Jawa Report: Every Time the Taliban and al-Qaeda Kill Someone, It’s With the Help of Namecheap in Los Angeles
- WaPo: US recognizes Libyan opposition as legitimate government of Libya (h/t: doriangrey; what the story fails to mention is that these Libyan rebels are linked with al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood.)
- EuropeNews: Srebrenica: Bosnian Muslim Jihad killings of 3,500 Christians (h/t: Just Journals)
- Big Peace: Michael Totten and the Muslim Brotherhood