Aussie Ban the Burqa Day – July 18, 2011

YouTube: Ban the Burqa Day – July 18, 2011

(h/t: Iron Burka)
Warning: raw language

Facebook Event: Ban the Burka in Australia

Herald Sun: Fears for riots in national burqa protest

Kye Keating

Kye Keating started the movement for the ‘Ban the Burqa Day’ protest. Picture: Craig Borrow Herald Sun

UPDATE 11.16am: A NATIONAL day of protest demanding the burqa be banned has raised fears it could provoke Cronulla riot-style hysteria.

Almost 14,000 people have signed up for Monday’s “Ban the Burqa Day”, which urges protesters to wear a balaclava or mask.

But Islamic leaders labelled the event racist.

Organiser Kye Keating, 20, instigated the protest with two friends via Facebook after Sydney woman Carnita Matthews used her burqa to quash a jail sentence for deliberately making a false statement to police.

“This event is not aimed at race, it is not aimed at religion,” Mr Keating said.

“It is just aimed at concealing your identity in a public place. If everyone is not allowed to do it, no one should be allowed to do it.”

Read the rest.

More on this at Winds of Jihad.

1 P***ed off Aussie July 16, 2011 at 9:31 pm

You are bigoted. If you were a real Aussie, you’d be laid back about the whole matter. I am fed up with faux Aussies who get their a**es in a tizzy over race/religion/ethnicity/sexuality/etc and are idiots about what other people are doing.

This matter has been dealt with, sensibly by the government. Police now have the power to ask someone wearing a face covering to raise it if requested to. That should be end of it. Instead we have bigots like you and the three d**kheads on facebook showing how bigoted you are. Who gives a flying f*** what someone wears. If a woman can demand the right to walk down the street in a bikini then a woman cand demand the right to walk down the street in a Burqa. It is the same principle.

2 1389 July 16, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I’m not an Aussie – I’m a US citizen. I’m just reporting a newsworthy event.

Women don’t ordinarily walk down the street in bikinis in the US, and I assume they don’t in Australia, except perhaps in beach communities. It may not be illegal, but it certainly is considered inappropriate. Business establishments may deny service to people who are inadequately clothed; that’s why we have signs that say “No shirt, no shoes, no service.”

Wearing the burqa in a non-Muslim country has nothing to do with modesty, which is all about avoiding undue attention. Instead, the burqa is confrontational. And you can believe that police officers won’t be asking a burqa-wearer to lift the mask unless they are pretty sure something is wrong. By that time, it may be too late.

You never know who (man, woman, criminal, terrorist) or what (BOMBS) may be under a burqa.

And if you took the trouble to read this, and other, blogs (see our sidebar), you would see that Islam is not a religion in any ordinary sense of the word, but rather, an expansionist, enemy, totalitarian political ideology that seeks to rid the world of everything but itself.

I don’t see any room for tolerating THAT.

3 P***ed off Aussie July 17, 2011 at 6:33 am

You admit you don’t live in Australia yet you claim you know all about our society? What a fool. Women do walk down the street in Bikinis if they want. I support that right. I also support the right of Muslim women to dress how they want. The principle is the same.

Anyway, its only a miniscule number who wear Burqas and the whole thing is a storm in a teacup in reality. The Police have been granted powers to allow them to request that women so clad lift their veils, so the whole matter is solved as far as the law is concerned. Anything else is just bigotry. Time to move on. Get over it.

4 1389 July 17, 2011 at 11:37 pm

😆 That’s tellin’ him!

Claiming that it’s time to “move on” is a George Soros catch-phrase. Remember who funded MoveOn.org?

What “time to move on” means is: “Nothing to see here; just keep moving along like a bunch of sheep; you have no business asking about the evil deeds of those who are in power (or are planning to usurp power), because you can’t do anything about it anyway…”

No WAY am I going to put up with THAT!

When anybody says “Time to move on” about anything in the political sphere, it’s like being told “Now don’t you worry your pretty little head about anything…” – it means you’d better start worrying and asking questions and getting answers about EVERYTHING.

5 P***ed off Aussie July 18, 2011 at 7:51 am

Grounzero, you obviously want to start a slanging match. I was born in Australia, my parents were born in Australia, they both served in WWII. I have lost relatives fighting for Australia. My ancestry is Anglo-Celtic. So, I’d suggest you take your stupid comments and insert them past your head which is filling your anus and put them where the shine does not shineth.

So, how many turned out for “Ban the Burqa Day”? None. No one. I looked around there were no massed marches. There were none reported in the media and there were none reported online. What a fizzer! Just like most bigoted ideas, it fell as flat as a tack.

Now, I’ll leave you bigots to your running in ever decreasing circles. Enjoy your irrelevancy. 😛

6 1389 July 18, 2011 at 9:42 am

There were never SUPPOSED to be any massed marches. None were planned, which is why you didn’t see any. You didn’t read the article!

Ban the Burqa Day was never intended to involve anything more than an occasional person wearing a balaclava or a motorcycle helmet or other non-Muslim facial disguise and going through the day waiting to see what will happen.

It’s all about pointing out the fact that, because facial disguise is considered inappropriate for non-Muslims to wear while transacting any kind of business, Muslims should not be getting any special treatment in that regard either. And no, there won’t always be a police officer around to demand that the burqa-wearer lift the disguise. Nobody wants to have to call the police every time they want to identify somebody.

Oh, and BY THE WAY, you may NOT leave comments using 1389 as your name. Do that again and your comments will go directly into the spam bin.

7 P***ed off Aussie July 18, 2011 at 10:08 am

In Australia people are free to wear what they wish – within reason. Wearing a Burqa is not breaking the law.

I apologise for offending you by mistyping your nom-de-net in the name field. Personally, I see little point in perpetuating the year of a stupid battle. You may as well call yourself 1812. 😆

8 1389 July 18, 2011 at 10:32 am

1389 was the year when the Serbs fought the Ottoman Turks to a standstill and halted, for a time, their invasion of Europe.

See: What happened in 1389?

9 P***ed off Aussie July 19, 2011 at 5:25 am

Yes, they did. It was also a long, long, long time ago. You seem to believe however it must have some bearing on the events and attitudes of today. I wonder why? We’ve seen plenty of evidence of what happens when such “victories” are perpetuated and used to justify the excesses of bigots and racists in the modern era as during the Balkan Wars at the end of the 20th century/start of the 21st.

10 1389 July 19, 2011 at 7:19 am

“Yes, they did. It was also a long, long, long time ago.”

So what? Those who, like you, REFUSE to learn from the lessons of history (Islamic expansionism and the necessity to stop it at all costs) are condemned to repeat it (to once again be occupied and enslaved, albeit this time through a process of infiltration, indoctrination, and stealth jihad).

“You seem to believe however it must have some bearing on the events and attitudes of today. I wonder why?”

No, you do NOT wonder why we consider the battle in 1389 to have some bearing on the events and attitudes of today. You only pretend to wonder, as a flimsy rhetorical device to use as a lead-in to your own vicious innuendo. If you actually did wonder why we consider the events of 1389 to be so important, you would have given a careful reading to the other material on this blog, as I suggested, rather than continuing to leave your patronizing, contemptuous, and utterly vacuous comments. If you don’t know what those words mean, look them up.

“We’ve seen plenty of evidence…”

I’ll thank you to leave off the patronizing editorial, or perhaps royal, “we.” You are not the editor here, nor are you the King. And no, you have NOT seen “plenty of evidence.” You have seen, and heard, only what the left-wing and politically-correct mainstream media wants you to see and hear. You only CALL it evidence because you do not know what evidence IS. The vast majority of what they call “evidence” is hearsay, rumor, conjecture, name-calling, opinion that is not based on any facts whatsoever, and outright fabrication, none of which would be acceptable as evidence in a court of law in any civilized part of the world. This is especially true when the topic has anything to do with the Serbs. The reason that the blogosphere has grown so rapidly is that the mainstream media has utterly failed in its duty to tell the truth and to educate people such as you! This is one brief example of falsified news from the mainstream media being thoroughly refuted in the blogosphere.

“…of what happens when such “victories” are perpetuated and used to justify the excesses of bigots and racists in the modern era as during the Balkan Wars at the end of the 20th century/start of the 21st.”

A “bigot” or a “racist” is anyone who is winning an argument with a liberal.

In addition, whenever liberals want to isolate, demonize, and obliterate any group of people, especially Serbs (and these days, Israelis and conservative Americans), they smear them with accusations of “bigotry” and “racism”. Those tactics are out of Saul Alinsky, who dedicated his book to the devil, the original father of lies.

The Balkan Wars at the end of the 20th century/start of the 21st were manufactured, largely by the Clinton Administration and with the complicity of the Bush family, so as to appease the Saudis and other Muslim interests by allowing them to set up a Muslim stronghold in Europe. Ever since Ronald Reagan left office, the entirety of US foreign policy has been to favor and appease the interests of Islamic expansionism everywhere in the world. Whenever the US government feels the need to throw Christian Serbs and Israeli Jews under the bus in order to make that happen, they don’t let the facts, or any matters of conscience, stand in their way.

Islam is not a race, nor is it an ethnic group or a nationality, any more than Communism is. Shame on you for trying to demonize the opponents of Islam as “racists.” Islam, like Communism, is an expansionist, enemy, totalitarian political ideology that seeks to rid the world of everything other than itself. It’s been that way from the get-go. If you don’t believe me, then read the Qur’an yourself.

I have better uses for my time than to argue with a blog troll who has no interest in debating in good faith. Besides that, as Grounzero mentioned to me in an email, your language “belongs in a cave.” If you leave any more comments that contain innuendo and name-calling against the Serbs, against the 1389 Blog team, or against anyone else who works to stem the tide of Islamic expansionism, those comments will be deleted with no further explanation.

For everyone’s information: 1389 Blog does not ban commenters based on who they are or on how much they may have annoyed us in the past. We DO discard individual comments that violate the 1389 Blog Comment Policy. (We also filter out blatant commercial spam. If we did not, the blog would immediately become unreadable and might even become a source of malware.)

In other words, if PoA wants to comment here, then he or she can still do so, provided that he or she abides by the comment policy and refrains from name-calling, swear words, ad hominem attacks, and unfounded allegations. Allegations made by commenters MUST be backed up by solid facts. Comments that disagree with us WILL be published if they abide by the posted comment policy. Everyone – including the admins and the blog team members – is bound by the same rules here. The other admin, CzechRebel, doesn’t let ME break the rules! Having more than one admin helps to keep us all honest! 🙂

With that in mind, PoA would have to choose a more printable screen name in the future. Crass language on the blog annoys the other commenters and alienates readers. Keep it clean and keep it classy, everyone!

11 P***ed off Aussie July 20, 2011 at 6:02 am

Grounzero yet again you show your “stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one’s own.” 😉 Non-Muslims who believe in a fair go are common in Oz. You should come here, you’d be given one as well. 😉

12 P***ed off Aussie July 20, 2011 at 8:32 am

1389, most Serbs are noble and intelligent people. Unfortunately, some though, hang onto their prejudices and have, in the past few decades acted upon them to bring intolerance and hatred to the fore in the former Yugoslavia. If telling the truth hurts them and you, then I apologise unreservedly but I won’t shirk from talking about it. I would hope that the world could move on. Can you? Or is your intolerance and hatred for Muslims merely another aspect of it?

13 1389 July 20, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Your tiresome, patronizing language seems to be right out of the Muslim Brotherhood playbook for interacting with opponents. Just for starters, you have no business complaining about my “intolerance and hatred for Muslims.” It is not your place to speculate on what my emotions might be, much less to criticize them.

Considering the evils that Islam – and Muslims – have wreaked upon the world in the last fourteen centuries, I have every right to hate Islam as an evil, pernicious doctrine, and to condemn everything Muslims do in the name of their religion, across the board. Having been taught to “hate the sinner, but not the sin,” I do, in fact, hate Islam, but I don’t hate Muslims as human beings. That doesn’t mean I have to be willing to tolerate the presence of those who embrace a doctrine (stated in the Qur’an itself) that requires them to be at permanent enmity with me (an “unbeliever” according to their ideology). I don’t have to put up with self-avowed enemies in my midst who are only waiting until they are sufficient in number to make inroads upon my freedom, my property, and my quality of life.

In other words, you have it all backwards, You’re focused on the assertion that everybody should be tolerant of Muslims, on the basis of being “fair.” Fairs are places where judges put ribbons on prize pigs. Life isn’t fair, and never will be. We have no obligation to deal evenhandedly with those whose ideology demands that they destroy us. The problem here is not that I am intolerant of Muslims (for which I make no apology), but that Muslims are, by definition, intolerant of us, and always will be.

Oh, and by the way, I don’t care whether you think I’m a noble or intelligent person, an evil person, or whatever else. I am older than dirt and I have a very tough hide. Otherwise, I would not be doing this!

I learned a long time ago that opinions are not all created equal. Some opinions are based on facts, common sense, comprehensive experience, accurate historical knowledge, sound logic, and a thorough understanding of human nature. Other opinions are based on such things as peer pressure, indoctrination from school or the media, anticipations of personal gain, mistaken impressions, isolated instances taken out of context, faulty logic, whim, or even pure guesswork. Whether someone has a good or bad opinion about me, or perhaps no opinion at all, typically says more about them than it does about me. So if you feel contempt for me, as your choice of language indicates that you do, I will not be swayed by it one way or the other.

14 P***ed off Aussie July 21, 2011 at 9:21 am

1389, religion as a force, no matter what belief or denomination has wreaked a lot of damage around the world. Why single out Muslims? Christians have destroyed entire civilisations in the New World, killing millions in the process. They have imposed imperialism on Africa and Asia, again killing millions in the process. They have stolen entire continents from their original inhabitants. Yet you single out the Muslims. Why?

As speculating and criticising your emotions it appears you believe it is quite appropriate for you to do it to Muslims and any who criticise you. You also allow your coterie of followers to do similarly without constraint. What protects you?

As to being fair, I come from a society where the belief in fairness has become enshrined for a good reason. Many of our ancestors were unfairly ripped from their communities, transported here against their wills for political beliefs, minor, petty crimes and worked like slaves. We believe that people should be given a chance. We don’t believe that ’cause they practice a different religion they should be condemned without that chance. You however seem to believe that all Muslims are inherently evil. Doesn’t matter if its a newborn babe in Mindanao or an aged crone in West Africa or everybody in between, they are all supposedly intent in destroying you and everything you believe in. Your prejudices have their basis it seems on events over 600 years ago. Mate, everybody from then is long gone and buried. Let it go.

I don’t hold you personally in contempt. I hold your beliefs and opinions in contempt because they are indeed based upon ignorance and prejudice, not knowledge and reality. I recognise that you’re obviously an intelligent man but I suspect that intelligence is not being used necessarily for good but rather for bad. I believe you could, if you wished change for the better. Letting go the events of the long, dead, buried past might be a first step.

15 1389 July 21, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I see that I am not the only one who noticed that the smuggest and most self-righteous defenders of political correctness are also the ones who use the crudest language. 🙄

16 Hesperado July 21, 2011 at 9:03 pm

1389,

I do believe quite a few PC MCs are worth the time to debate (even if results seem like they never happen); but I also believe there are quite a few PC MCs who are NOT worth debating. Peed Off Aussie is one of the latter.

And furthermore, he’s not even worth explaining WHY he’s not worth debating.

17 Pissed off Aussie July 22, 2011 at 4:45 am

Australians are well know for their earthy language, 1389. We don’t shrink from using words that many other societies may find offensive. I always find it amusing when those who rail the most against “political correctness” are the ones who most often attempt to impose their own form of it on others by claiming to be offended by such language. At the same time they’ll be incredibly offensive in how they address members of their current scapegoats de jour. 😛

Its also interesting how often Islamists are criticised for focusing on events in that same long, dead, buried past such as the Crusades yet it appears to be acceptable here for some people to focus on events such as the Battle of Kosovo. Perhaps you need to check out Matthew 7:3, 1389. 🙂

18 Gramfan July 22, 2011 at 8:09 am

What actually annoys Aussies about Muslims is this:

They want Aussies to comply with their ways, eg like eating halal food which is sold here whether we want to eat it or not.

Much of it is not labeled as such, some is.

They have created their own enclaves as previous immigrants have done since the 1950’s. Nothing new about that.

The difference is that most, if not all, immigrants since the ’50’s have become Aussies and love and respect their homeland.

With Muslims their first allegiance is to Sharia.

They admit this.

I was not born in Australia but came here when I was a baby.

My parents, and all other immigrants from Europe went out of their way to assimilate, integrate and contribute to this country.

(I am not saying all Muslims are the same. Obviously there are cultural differences between the Turks, the Lebanese and others.)

The main point is why are they coming here as refugees when they are simply transporting their culture here?

Why bother coming at all?

The answer is al hijra – the doctrine of colonization by immigration.

No other migrant group, to my knowledge, has made as many demands on the community at large to accommodate their cultural requirements. This is a fact.

Yes, Aussies believe in giving everyone a fair go.

They are tolerant, charitable and friendly.

However, some are getting sick of being duped and paying their tax dollars to welfare recipients who have several ‘de facto’ wives (polygamy), and many children.

19 P***ed off Aussie July 22, 2011 at 11:19 am

Gramfan:
>Most Muslims have brought their own culture here and don’t want to assimilate in any way.

Most? Yet according to recent studies such as Rane, H., Nathie, M., Isakhan, B., and Abdalla, M. (2011). ‘Towards understanding what Australia’s Muslims really think’. Journal of Sociology 47(1):1–21, Muslims are making considerable efforts to assimilate with Australian society. The authors suggest that Australian Muslims are, “engaging in a process of redefining the priorities of their faith in the context of contemporary Western society. This study suggests that the direction of this process is towards the harmonisation of Islam with the values and institutions of Australian society and its people.”

Don’t assume that the sensationalism you read in the mainstream media are truthful about what is really happening in our society.

20 Gramfan July 22, 2011 at 6:17 pm

To above poster:

I am not buying half the stuff and studies put out by our govt., and it seems that some of the authors are possibly Islamic – very impartial:NOT!

I do not read the MSM.

I am sticking by what I have observed with immigrants, and what I hear from people who live near Muslim enclaves.

From what many mainstream Muslims say I have deduced they want sharia law here.

Frankly I don’t.

Go and look at some of the Muslim Village forums – very enlightening.

If we get any kind of harmony here I’ll be surprised.

Cronulla was just the beginning.

21 P***ed off Aussie July 23, 2011 at 1:06 am

Cronulla was a bunch of stupid, drunken louts and thugs taking the law into their own hands and showing their intolerance for anybody who they suspected, merely on sight, of being a “Muslim”. In the process they attacked women, children and even an Israeli citizen who was a tourist merely because they looked “Muslim”. They even attacked those who attempted to protect them from their stupidity and excesses.

What I find most interesting about the Cronulla episode is that while the bigots claim that they were “provoked” by events beforehand they aimed their attacks not at the perpetrators of those events but anybody who looked remotely “Middle-Eastern” or “Muslim” in appearance. Further, what is even more interesting is how they attempt to draw some belief that the events beforehand (if they even occurred there is some doubt about them) are somehow typical of all Muslims, despite nothing similar being reported anywhere else in Australia and that their own behaviour is somehow superior to that of those they are decrying. Very simplistic.

The study I quote, Gramfan was done by university academics, independent of government and academically published after peer review by other academics. The fact that you attempt to claim, merely on the basis of a person’s name (ie the authors’) that they may be Muslim and hence partial shows the depths of your bigotry. You haven’t even read the article and you still feel you can immediately discard it because it doesn’t come to conclusions you feel satisfy your needs. Now that is a closed mind if ever I’ve met one!

My own experience with Muslims is completely different. I have yet to meet a Muslim who was rude, intolerant or violent. I don’t doubt some exist but I rather suspect its what attitude you bring to such a meeting which helps to determine how it progresses.

22 WLIL July 23, 2011 at 4:33 am

The intolerance, hostility, deception, nastiness, extremism, closedmindedness and rudeness of islamic people are equally obvious both in various blogsites and wherever any place are infested by islamics or pro-islamics. The islamic people have a horrible tendencies of victimising any opponents or us nonbelievers who make any slightest criticism of islamic horrible culture.

23 Pissed off Aussie July 26, 2011 at 8:54 am

Some Islamic culture is terrible. Some though, equally is beautiful. Some Western culture is terrible too, just as some is equally beautiful. No culture is uniformly beautiful or terrible. To suggest so is naive and immature.

We’ve seen what happens in Norway when people spew Islamophobic hatred. Some idiots take it heart and murder people. All because they fear the “unknown”. 🙁

24 1389 July 26, 2011 at 4:15 pm

There was nothing wrong with Breivik’s assessment of Islam and of the Muslims – only with his methods.

Resistance against Islam has nothing to do with “hatred” – “Islamophobic” or otherwise – or with fear of the “unknown.” It is based on an accurate knowledge and understanding of the facts. Your repetitive insistence on smearing all of us with the same epithets reveals intellectual bankruptcy on your part.

25 Pissed off Aussie July 29, 2011 at 1:49 am

Your knowledge and understanding of Muslims, is I would suggest rather inaccurate. Your bigotry towards them, on the basis of their religion is very evident. You’re right, the only difference between Breivik and yourself are the methods. He took heart and believed the bigotry you post. He admits as much when he lists his sources, listing Islamophobic websites and blogs like this one. You are one of the one’s who bears responsibility for his actions. Without you, continually stoking the fires of Islamophobia and bigotry, the events in Norway wouldn’t have happened.

Now, if any Muslim commits a terrorist act, you blame all Muslims. Here we have one Christian committing a terrorist act, why shouldn’t the same logic apply? All Christians are guilty therefore, right?

Or are Christians somehow exempt from your logic, 1389 and only Muslims should be considered collectively guilty for the acts of all their co-religionists no matter how weired, wacky and outside the mainstream of that religion’s beliefs? 🙄

26 WLIL July 29, 2011 at 3:25 am

A big percentage of islamic culture is horribly oppressive or rather everything to do with islamic culture or tainted with islamic culture is horrible, whereas only a tiny percentage of the western culture that had been influenced by black, oriental or islamic culture is horrible. There is nothing beautiful about islamic culture. The fact that us nonbelievers have to live in fear for criticising islamic culture or islamic people is also another thing that is most unacceptable and dreadful.

27 Pissed off Aussie July 29, 2011 at 8:33 am

WLIL – spoken like a true bigot. Islamic culture stretches across a third of the Earth’s surface and embraces societies as diverse as those of West Africa to that of the Philippines and everything in between. Then you have the Islamic culture of Al-Andalus as well. Your statements are broad and sweeping and very shallow. How can you claim all those Islamic cultures, which are diverse and multitudinous are all completely horrible? If you were being objective you wouldn’t hold that view.

European and Christian cultures are not universally beautiful. It brought us the horrors of the Inquisition, Naziism and Stalinism, as well as Imperialism. Hardly commendable, yet you’re trying to claim all that there is nothing that is horrible about it at all. 🙄

28 1389 July 29, 2011 at 10:22 pm

WLIL is not a bigot, but rather, someone who is not in denial about the dangers of Islam.

All Muslim cultures are based on the Qur’an, which indeed is completely horrible. The parts of it that were not horrible are abrogated by the parts written later, that are horrible.

European and Christian cultures are not universally beautiful, but unlike Islam, they are not entirely evil. “Tu quoque” is a logical fallacy, and if you use logical fallacies here, you will be called out on them.

29 WLIL July 30, 2011 at 1:07 am

Islamic countries are infested by islamic bigots who thinks the world belong to their islam. How can I be a true bigot when I am not even partial to any race or religion? A true bigot can be defined as one who refused to see the unpleasant reality or acknowleged the harsh reality, even when it hit them on their face.
Even though islam stretches across the earth, all it offers is mostly filth, backwardness, fear for the unknown, discrimination of us disadvantaged nonbelievers, extreme discomfort, lacked of independent thinking, lacked of civilised behaviour, lacked of freedom for poor nonbelievers to advance, lacked of decency toward us nonbelievers and all the other negative horrible characteristics that one can find most often in the black world. What is beautiful is western civilisation and western culture that was created originally and not the horrible islamic culture that negatively influenced the western culture and parasited on the western civilisation that was created for everyone, that islamics is trying selfishly to claim for itself and selfishly trying to destroy.