Why Amnesty International is a fraud and deserves NO support

by 1389 on February 6, 2010

in 1389 (blog admin), Amnesty International, corruption, leftist-jihadist convergence

Read this article on JihadWatch, and ESPECIALLY be sure to read the comments:

Senior Amnesty International official accuses it of putting rights of jihadis before those of their victims.

All NGOs are prone to corruption

The longer NGOs stay in business, the more corrupt they seem to become. The main problem is that NGOs shield themselves from accountability; they provide ways for unqualified and self-serving people to acquire money, influence, and power; and their income depends upon manipulating public opinion, which means garnering support from politicians, other bureaucracies, and the elite.

The Ground Reality blog suggests, “If you are an NGO, it’s time to laugh at yourself.” (Translation appears below the cartoon.) Perhaps it’d be funnier if it weren’t so tragic.

1 David Bigelow March 16, 2011 at 4:40 pm

What irks me is having to deal with a canvasser that would shame a car salesman. Many people may respond to these tactics but it infuriates me when a simple no is not taken seriously.

I give generously both financially through work and volunteering with local organizations and do not need an overzealous kid attempt to guilt me into donating.

The next time I see that sign my pavlovian response will be ready.

D

2 Gilbert April 21, 2011 at 5:55 am

I agree with this article i tried to get help myself from amnesty international afther i had been tortured by the police. Well they said i couldnt proof it so they dont help me, even i got enough proofs. On my question where i could find a specialist who could help me i even didnt get a answer because it may not be proofen that the dutch police tortures people. How objective are you then when you refuse to look at proofs or investigate or even put some one threu to a respected specialist??? No it is easyer to declare some one nut, then to help some one. Well we have seen that explenation from countries like Iran, Irak, Libia where people got tortured there the victims where declared nut to. No matter where i asked for help all ignored me, so in my opinion those NGO’s like Amnesty International are just scam organisations and nothing more.

3 PJ December 6, 2011 at 9:33 am

I absolutely agree about them being corrupt – and sexist to the point of encouraging cruelty. They campaign against female genital mutilation, but absolutely refuse to do anything about male genital mutilation – instead choosing to use the same excuses that people once used to “justify” female genital mutilation.

Amnesty International even made it clear in an e-mail to me that one of the reasons they won’t do anything is how it would look to members of the public – so clearly they’re more concerned about how they look than helping victims. I refuse to give them a penny.

4 Anonymous December 6, 2011 at 11:50 am

@Gilbert
You have a very bad vocabulary…No offense…

5 Grace February 5, 2012 at 3:01 pm

@Anonymous
Yes, because vocabulary errors is what’s important here on this site. Stupid fool. This is the internet. People are writing from all over the world.

6 Caucasian Girl February 8, 2013 at 12:05 pm

It is true. Absolutely so. I have personally advocated to get a response from them on a north american white black op’ detainee, and they said the don’t deal with ‘black op’ type of detention, even if it was actually part of a detention ring in their city. They only go for the obvious areas, and I doubt they really ‘help’. They even joked ( quipped ) and iplied an insult against the complainant, inferring she was ‘slutty’ and dismissed their most important case. This was from the Toronto division.