Foehammer’s Anvil website taken down – again!

by 1389 on January 11, 2008

in blog censorship, censorship, censorware, counterjihad, e-jihad, Foehammer, outsourcing, tech industry

Scroll Down for Rolling Updates!

(This is an ongoing issue.
For rolling updates,
please scroll down.)

Foehammer's Anvil

What’s going on at Lunarpages?

The last time I tried to access Foehammer’s Anvil,
I got THIS:

Lunarservers Contact Support Page - Suspended

Foehammer explains…

Foehammer recently answered a reader’s comment on his blog post, “Blog for a Year Contest Ends”:

Author: Foehammer
Comment:

Obviously Foehammer got the bug fixed.

I wish it had been a bug, but instead it was the intentional disabling of this site again by my hosting company Lunarpages. I am no longer going to hide their part in the several times that the Anvil has gone offline unexpectedly. They outsource their support but claim that they do not. I am quite suspicious that what is described to me in nebulous emails from Lunarpages as “script errors” that require blocking my site are simply transparent excuses made on the part of certain people that would much rather see this site off-line. Lunarpages should be supportive of my blog for the very simple reason that I am a good customer and pay my bills and run a clean blog, but apparently that is not good enough anymore. Instead, I am expected to be bled dry for what little I might be able to afford in order to maintain a blog that has seen its traffic dwindle in no small part but as a result of such mischief as transpired earlier this week.

Between sites like Digg and my own hosting troubles, vicious personal attacks from religious zealots masquerading as anti-hate police and all the rest of the nuts that even have gone so far as to threaten my life, it can be of little wonder to anyone that is paying even scant attention that I am disgusted and no longer view this fight the same as I did a year ago.

The Internet is a battle ground between those who dare to put forth the Truth and those cowards that would run from it or those enemies that would hide it. Well, as I have intimated before, the Net is no longer enough. I will take my message and put it into play in new ways over the course of the coming decades. In time I will be vindicated on multiple levels by way of the simple expanse of history as it unfolds before us, but beyond that, I will do my own part in creative ways to defeat Islamism and the lemmings that would bring it to the USA.

A few bumps in the Information Highway are not going to stop me and they shouldn’t stop any of us that care about the Truth and the Future.

Evading accountability at Lunarpages

1389, and other Foehammer fans, promptly contacted Lunarpages tech support by email at support@lunarpages.com, as indicated in their message.

Subject: foehammer.net DOWN – please restore access

Dear sir or madam:

I have repeatedly tried to access http://foehammer.net and I keep getting a message from Lunar Pages tech support saying that the site is down.

foehammer.net is a good anti-jihadist news and commentary site. Perhaps someone who wants to sabotage that valuable service is tampering with the site.

But all I got was some guff requiring me to prove that I was the owner of foehammer.net (which I obviously am not) in order to report a problem with accessing it. This insulates Lunarpages support staff from having to deal with multiple complaints if they have wrongfully taken down a site that is relied upon by a community of users.

For that reason, we have provided contact information for Add2Net, the parent company of Lunarpages/Lunarservers. Have at it, everyone!

Contact Information

(Add2Net is the parent company of Lunarpages/Lunarservers.)

Add2Net Corporate Headquarters
100 E. La Habra Blvd.
La Habra, CA 90631

Telephone: (714) 521-8150)

Fax: (714) 521-8195

Also see:

(Also at Fort Hard Knox.)

Rolling Updates

• 1/12/08, 1:36 AM EST: The Anvil is up again. However, the issue is that the site has repeatedly been taken down, so we will continue to monitor it. It is not much use for a site that focuses primarily on US issues to be up only in the middle of the night in US time zones.

Foehammer left the following comment, by way of explanation:

The Anvil is back online but I do not know how long this will last. My hosting company is continuing to claim that my site is eating resources at an inordinate rate and I see no evidence of this on my end. I am at their mercy and I no longer have the patience to tackle the technical side of this any deeper than I have.

Do not panic if the Anvil goes off-line again; in fact, expect it.

• La página de Foehammer suspendida por su proveedor
  • 1/19/08: Foehammer’s Anvil blog taken down by LunarPages
  • 1/20/08: Experiencing difficulties beyond my control

Update 1/22/08:

Foehammer’s Anvil is online! Be sure to visit!

1 Velvet Hammer January 11, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Thanks, 1389. I just tried to access Foehammer’s site. And no go.

Same message:

Visitors, we are sorry, however, this site is experiencing difficulties at this time. Please return later.

Yada Yada yada… 😡

In thinking ‘worst case scenario.’ I hope Foe has backed up. There is an online blog backup I used when I moved my site. Appropriately named Blog Backup Online.

I’ll leave the link here. Someone may find it useful. I still use it to create daily backups. 😉

2 Debbie January 11, 2008 at 3:01 pm

Same here, I can’t access his site. Something hinky was going on with TypePad (Right Truth) this morning. No access at all. But it seems to be working now, probably just the fact that TypePad SUCKS.

There is foul play with Foehammer, though.

3 Sounder January 11, 2008 at 6:37 pm

Yep, the Anvil is still down. It’s been most all day now. Foul play or foul business could be involved. After all, censorship reigns these days. And it’s not necessarily the hosting companies censoring as much as it is more likely the self appointed greater than thou orwellian dhimmis they have working for them, you know, a little “oops”, oh well.

4 ihavewebfeet January 12, 2008 at 8:46 am

It’s up, as of this moment. Let’s keep that contact info handy, just in case.

5 Foehammer January 12, 2008 at 11:25 am

Yes, friends, the Anvil lives, but is breathing shallowly.

I wish I had a better technical understanding of what might be causing the “problems” that LunarPages is accusing the Anvil of causing in its shared environment, but in all honestly, viewing the traffic levels that I am monitoring, even if there is an exploitable script hidden somewhere within my WordPress, I cannot for the life of me understand how that is going to do much to a server of any professional mettle. What exactly DO they pay the server admins for at these hosting companies anyway? I suggested that they furnish me with traffic information, IP info of possible attackers, etc. and nothing was forthcoming.

I will admit openly that I blew my stack on the phone in technicolor yesterday. I suppose it’s a good thing that I’m separated from my host by a few hundred miles and in the case of their outsourced help staff, probably thousands.

Thanks again for the outpouring of support and concern. It all helps.

Should the Anvil go offline again due to my host, rest assured that I will take steps to place it back online, even if this means that I will one day have to run a server myself.

FH

6 1389 January 12, 2008 at 12:00 pm

FH,

We are aware that this is an ongoing issue and we intend to keep an eye on it.

Please contact the Baron at GOV. He wants to help and would like a brief synopsis from you about what happened.

Sounds as though the people are Lunarpages are lying to you. Maybe there’s an insider sabotaging you. But it’s at least as likely that there’s someone on the outside trying some shenanigans, which may or may not have anything to do with the Anvil, and Lunarpages tech support is incompetent even to begin to investigate the problem. Or maybe someone changed something on their end that suddenly caused some widget on your page to malfunction.

Be that as it may, if they are unable or unwilling to help you solve the problem in a timely manner and keep your site up and running, then they are neither honest nor competent enough to deserve your continued business.

1389

7 Henrik Ræder Clausen January 12, 2008 at 12:08 pm

I’ll repeat what I posted at FH, for it concerns all bloggers:

Visitor numbers and bandwidth usage shouldn’t be excessive for this kind of political blog. If they are, we should look for a different kind of Denial of Service attack:

That our opponents simply may be spidering the site repeatedly in order to drain the ISP’s resources. Getting all evidence on the table should help identify the problem – meaning getting a detailed traffic analysis showing the IP addresses of everyone reading the site.

If it turns out that certain IP addresses suck up loads of data, those can be banned from accessing the server. They’ll see that the site is unavailable and rejoice. The rest of us will see that the site *is* available, and rejoice as well. Best of both worlds 🙂

If the traffic analysis shows no particular traffic, LunarPages are are bunch of bloody liars…

8 Debbie January 12, 2008 at 1:14 pm

Glad Foehammer is back up and I hope it lasts. I expect there will be more problems though.

9 Norski January 12, 2008 at 2:23 pm

Best wishes for getting your hosting issue resolved.

I’ve got mixed feelings about the situation, in a way.

On the one hand, I don’t like to see anyone go through what you’ve been experiencing.

On the other hand, tales like yours give me material for free-speech posts. (Like the one I finished a few minutes ago.)

Finally, I suggest you seriously consider working with another hosting service. I’m using GoDaddy.com for website hosting for roughly a year now, and have had no serious issues. (GoDaddy provided the best benefit/cost ratio for my needs – you’d want to do your own research.)

10 1389 January 14, 2008 at 6:49 am

Norski,

Let me assure you that there is NEVER any shortage of free-speech material to write about! Our team can’t even begin to keep up with it all. 🙁

11 Harto January 26, 2008 at 2:18 am

Thank you.

12 Infernoz March 20, 2008 at 8:05 pm

Don’t use IE or Opera, they stall 🙄 , 💡 instead use Firefox with the NoScript and Adblock Plus extension, so that non-site pages or Javascript cannot stall page display. It maybe 👿 for advert revenue, but it works. 😀

13 Adrian P August 10, 2008 at 11:00 am
14 Adrian P August 10, 2008 at 11:01 am

Here is what the Despots in the EU think of your concerns. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h9-k0Gc3RTM

15 Adrian P August 10, 2008 at 11:02 am

You are Owned by the Global elite. http://planetquo.com/The-Law-Is-An-Ass-And-You-Are-Made-Of-Straw Not only have the Establishment Lib Lab Cons Sold out Our Sovereignty to the EUSSR but they have also sold us to the Global Elite, Everything about us, including our DNA. This explains why the NHS is now promoting Euthenasia. One way to think of this is that with so many other Worker bees’ why should the Corporate Elite waste time and resources on someone who is seriously ill. This also explains the treatment of our Elderly, they are at the end of their lives, they are of no further use, Strip them of their assets, IE force them to sell off their homes to pay for care, then dispose of them as quickly as possible. Birth Certificates. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h5cphXPv6yk http://youtube.com/watch?v=lOSgS9odK8s&feature=related Corporate Law http://planetquo.com/The-Law-Is-An-Ass-And-You-Are-Made-Of-Straw http://youtube.com/watch?v=AjCsBPMZokU&feature=related Farming the Populace. http://www.theforbiddenkno

16 Adrian P August 10, 2008 at 11:06 am

Is the Bank of England really the English Bank, or is it a Private Company. The Money Masters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnwLgrSJZKs