Readers are free to comment on this blog, subject to comment moderation.
We invite readers to participate and interact. Comments are moderated to exclude incoherent rambles, obscenity, inappropriate ad hominem attacks, commercial spam, and other material that would compromise the quality of this blog. We make an effort to attend to the comment moderation queue frequently, but the process does take some time. We ask that you be patient.
Blog moderation is not censorship.
This is our blog. Were we to allow inappropriate material to be posted, we would face the negative consequences.
We support your right to post what you want on your own blog, and to decide for yourself which comments you want to display on it. If you do not already have a blog, Blogger.com and WordPress.com offer blogs for free!
That said, please be advised of the following:
- 1389 Blog is not a bathroom wall! Comments containing incoherent or unreadable text or data, unjustified personal attacks, unfounded allegations, egregiously vulgar or abusive language, bigoted or racist remarks (especially anti-Semitic remarks), anything xxx-rated, or external links to such objectionable material, will be deleted. If you want your comment to be published, then please refrain from swearing, and express yourself in a civil and cogent manner. If we cannot figure out what you are talking about, we will not post your comment.
- We do not waste our readers’ time with trolls. If you come here merely to stir up enmity, or to heap contempt upon us, our readers, and our work, your comments will be deleted with no further explanation.
- Please make an effort to keep your comments on topic. This is not a general-interest discussion forum. If you wish to communicate with us about something not having to do with a specific blog post, please feel free to use this form. Comments that link to a site having nothing to do with the topic will be deleted and reported as spam.
- If your comment is not displayed immediately, please do not post it repeatedly. Duplicate or repetitive comments are treated as spam and will be deleted.
- Comments that raise complex questions or issues may be kept on hold to be answered later. Some issues deserve to be addressed in a separate blog post, rather than in a comment submerged deep within some other thread. It takes time to prepare such a reply. To display the comment without an answer during that time would make it look as though we were unable or unwilling to address difficult issues. The fact that a comment is held for future reply should not be taken to imply that the comment is being “rejected.” Check your email – we may contact you to let you know that a reply is on its way.
- Commenters are required to identify themselves in some manner. Your usual nickname, screen name, logon ID, or other identifier is just fine; you need not reveal your real name. You must enter an email address, which will not be displayed on the screen. We may use this address to contact you. However, if you enter an email address that is obviously invalid, we may delete your comment. If you wish, you may also enter a website URL.
- Never post anything that you wouldn’t want the entire world to see, perhaps many years from now! Comments are visible to the public without restriction, and, once posted, they remain online indefinitely. Copies of comment text may exist in places that none of us could possibly know about. This blog cannot be responsible for any unwelcome consequences.
- Comments that waste bandwidth or server resources, or that contain anything that interferes with the hosting provider, the blogging software, or other system users, will be deleted.
- Comments are for text, not pictures. If you want to post ASCII art or the like, please get your own blog. If a picture, video, audio file, program, or other non-text element is relevant to the subject matter of the blog post, you may upload the file elsewhere if need be, and post a link to it in your comment.
- Do not paste text directly into the comment box from a WYSIWYG editor, such as a word processor. This can introduce special formatting characters that the comment editor cannot accept. Instead, paste the text into a text-mode editor, such as Notepad, and then recopy and paste it again from there into the comment editor.
- Comments containing anything that violates, or appears to violate, U.S. law will be deleted and the authorities will be notified. This includes, but is not limited to, the following examples:
- Threats against the 1389 Blog team or anyone else.
- Material associated with fraud, malware, plagiarism, software piracy, child porn, or identity theft
- Material that violates anyone’s privacy or that reveals material not authorized for public viewing (with the exception of investigative reporting that is intended to expose wrongdoing)
- Material that promotes jihadism
- Links to external sites containing anything of the above nature.
- Finally, if you think you might be too drunk to comment, you are too drunk to comment!
Blog Administrator 1389
More discussion about blogging and commenting
- Foehammer’s Anvil: Words of Warning to Commenters
- Ubuntu Forums: The Definitive guide to Trolls
- Flame Warriors Home
Powered by Zoundry