Little Green Footballs – Hitting New Lows One After Another

by CzechRebel on November 27, 2007

in American South, blog censorship, censorware, Croatia, Czech Republic, CzechRebel (blog admin), Germany, leftist-jihadist convergence, littlegreenfootballs, Nazism, political correctness

Busted football button

All-Too-Revealing Comments

Before we get started on this story, let us remind our readers of some of our policies regarding comments on 1389 Blog. We do not post ad hominem attacks. We do not post repetitive messages. If your grammar is so poor that we can hardly understand what you are trying to say, we may let it go up just for laughs, but don’t count on it. On the other hand, we may let you keep your dignity rather than post your comment for all to see.

Now, we know that we have created quite a stir at LGF because we have gotten more than a few hits off their site recently. But we are surprised to find that Charles Johnson has been unable to locate anybody capable of making a coherent reply to our blog post. It seems as though the recent Stalinesque purges at LGF seem to have caused Charles Johnson to run low on henchmen who can write in the English language. With just about all of the reasonable and intelligent people already banned from LGF, and the rest of them disappearing fast, LGF is scrambling to find someone who can try to answer us.

Charles Johnson’s Quasi-Literate Stooge

To avoid further embarrassment to this bewildered soul, we won’t mention the handle he used. Suffice it to say that he has considerable difficulty with the English language, but he certainly does love Charles Johnson. Let’s look at some of the goofiness that this individual tried to post and you will soon see why it is not displayed on the 1389 Blog.

He began by referring to our primary admin as “Mr. 1389.” 1389 has made it fairly clear, on multiple occasions, that she is a woman. But then, it’s to be expected that an individual who is such a poor writer would also be a poor reader.

Like a typical leftist, he called 1389 and the commenters various names, but he didn’t bother to bring up any evidence or logic to justify his moral posturing.

He accused me of misspelling the word “Czech.” You can check any English-language dictionary and find that the letters C-Z-E-C-H refers to a Slavic people who live mostly in central Europe. The county is now called the Czech Republic. Formerly, it was part of Czechoslovakia. (While you have your dictionary handy, you might want to see that I also know how to spell “Czechoslovakia.”)

The Czech people have made a number of contributions to the fight against totalitarianism, which includes both Nazism and Communism. (See Never Knew that the Church was Orthodox, regarding the Reinhard Heydrich assassination and its grim aftermath.) Hitler referred to Czechoslovakia as a “dagger in the heart of Germany” and infamously demanded that it be given to Germany before the outbreak of World War II.

Blue underwater smiley

Going Off the Deep End

The tone of LGF has been changing for months, as many have pointed out. First we saw a sudden interest in searching for cryptic signs of “racism” and “pro-Nazi” sentiments.

Finding cryptic signs of racism is all the rage these days. When I was a boy, an individual who expressed the opinion that a Confederate flag was a symbol of racism would have been deemed fit for the loony bin. It was considered a symbol of heritage and bravery. It carried the message that the federal government was going too far. It was a benign symbol of the South. Seeing a Confederate flag was like hearing “welcome home, ya’ll.” In the 1970s, some very radical elements of the civil rights movement started to express misgivings about the flag’s meaning, although this didn’t really take hold until the 1990s. (Note that the radical elements who came up with this canard all seemed to live in the North.)

Today, even some reasonably intelligent people try to associate the flag with racial tensions. But this is rooted in modern-day leftist political correctness–not in historical fact. Against such a backdrop, it is no surprise that Charles Johnson-or anyone who is equally ill-informed about a topic-might read cryptic racial messages into just about anything.

Merely owning and/or displaying a symbol does not mean that the individual doing so endorses what the symbol stands for. For example, my daughter recently inherited a belt that dates back to World War I. One of her great-grandfathers decorated the belt with medals that he had removed from the bodies of dead German soldiers. My daughter is very proud of the belt and plans to display it in her home. That does not mean that she admires the German military or endorses the policies of Kaiser Wilhelm II; it means she is proud of her family’s heritage, including three great-grandfathers who fought for the Allies during World War I.

Yet, Charles Johnson points to a photo of a man with a Celtic cross on his bookshelf and calls it “proof” of the man’s fascist leanings. Of course, Celtic crosses were around long before fascism. Many Irish people were buried under them centuries ago. Nonetheless, anyone who relates to their Celtic heritage and displays the traditional Celtic cross is a proven fascist in Charles Johnson’s mind-because he wants to see it that way. And Charles holds the same opinion of anybody who has been seen with such a “proven fascist,” or seen with any of that person’s acquaintances, and so ad infinitum. There is a ridiculously long chain of “contamination” here, which reminds us of children passing along imaginary “cooties” on a playground, along with other, much less benign, imagery.

Loyalty and the War on Censorship

We are proud to say that 1389 Blog has been in the forefront of the war against censorship of conservative and antijihadist blogs. When “censorware” firms such as SonicWALL, banned LGF and other blogs, 1389 Blog helped lead the charge to lift the ban.

What has LGF ever done for 1389 Blog? Oh, it banned 1389 without even the courtesy of giving a reason.

So, Charles Johnson can be no friend to anyone. He repays favors with stabs in the back.

LGF and Charles Johnson Refuse to Fight Real Nazis Who Preach Hate and Murder

Not long ago, 1389 Blog exposed a Croatian Nazi rock singer named “Thompson” who had been scheduled to tour the US and Canada. Too bad Little Green Footballs never bothered to publish anything about it. No doubt about this rock singer’s Nazi identity-he was, and is, an open and notorious proponent of murdering some of the very same people that Hitler had tried to exterminate sixty years ago. To put icing on the cake, just like his predecessors back in the day, this “Thompson” was all buddy-buddy with Muslims and never even hinted about doing them any harm.

Given the readership that LGF enjoys (at least until recently), Charles Johnson could have put some real obstacles in the path of this thug. But Charles Johnson and LGF sat on their hands, letting “Thompson” tour America and Canada preaching hate and violence without a word of reproach. So, don’t ever think that Charles Johnson actually feels that real, live Nazis are “repugnant.” In fact, through his silence, and even through his banning of 1389, he is enabling the nefarious efforts of those Nazis.

Links:

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Powered by Zoundry

1 ChenZhen November 27, 2007 at 2:04 am

semi OT-

1389- I happened to notice that you recently joined GCP, so tell Rayra and the gang that ChenZhen says hi. I’d tell them myself, but apparently they’re so afraid of me that they blocked me from even registering.

2 Henrik Ræder Clausen November 27, 2007 at 5:00 am

The Thompson tour is a disgrace. It shows a lack of awareness of what fascism is all about, right in the face of his genocidal utterings.

Now we’re talking about it, I’m still wondering why the US chose to support the Ustasha-revivalist regime of Franjo Tujman (SP?) rathter than the Serbs, when Yugoslavia fell apart.

References & book tips most welcome.

3 Gramfan November 27, 2007 at 6:54 am

You have done a great service to everyone who comes to your ‘blog:)

4 Spartacus November 27, 2007 at 9:16 am

CJ made pretty clear what he has become when he bans someone, then comments that “I noticed who gave him high ratings” and then allows a jump-on after the banning.

The cult of personality is pretty obvious too. Reminds me of Michael Savage, who seems to encourage his screeners to let callers on who spend the first 5 minutes of a call praising him and practically giving him fellatio over the phone, and then really has nothing intelligent to say.

The bleating sheep on LGF is beyond me as well.

5 1389 November 27, 2007 at 9:32 am

As if all that were not enough, after assuring us that he had no plans to use the plus and minus votes to bury comments, Charles began banning members based on whose comments they had voted up or down. He must be trying to imitate Digg. Too bad Digg is such a pro-jihadist cesspool!

6 Kerry Lanaux November 27, 2007 at 9:35 am

Keep up the good fight. When you stand in the gap your always going to come under attack. I believe in what your doing and my prayers are with you. Your making a difference the attacks prove it. GOD bless you my friend.

7 Elric66 November 27, 2007 at 12:36 pm

” He must be trying to imitate Digg. ”

He has become what he hates. Oh the irony.

8 Ed Mahmoud November 27, 2007 at 1:23 pm

I must disagree mildly on one point, about the Confederate battle flag (the actual flag of the CSA looked similar enough to the US flag, that it was difficult to distinguish them at distance on a battle field, hence the flag we most commonly see at NASCAR events and the such. However, when one views displays of the Six Flags that flew over Texas, the actual CSA flag, and not the battle flag, is seen.

While the flag was, and is, for most, simply a symbol of Southern pride, certain states that opposed desegregation added it to their state flags, as a protest, so there is some indirect taint on it.

However, it obviously was never exclusively a symbol of racism, as no 1970s TV show would feature a Dodge Charger with a Confederate battle flag on the roof if it was really as bad as some up North make it out to be now.

9 Ed Mahmoud November 27, 2007 at 1:28 pm

Hmmm, 1389 has eaten my comment.

I was just pointing out that the Confederate battle flag, while simply an expression of Southern Pride for most (and if it was so offensive it never would have been painted on the roof of a Dodge Charger in a 1970s TV show) was also used by segregationists (and, I believe, added to the state flag of a couple of Southern states) as a sign of opposition to integration.

BTW, the actual Confederate Flag, such as the one seen in displays of the Six Flags that have flown over Texas, resembled the US flag enough that it created confusion at distance on the battlefield, and hence a flag that I suppose was designed with a nod to the Scottish and English flags, as well as the stars of the US flag.

10 Ed Mahmoud abu Always After Me Lucky Charms November 27, 2007 at 1:28 pm

Hmmm, 1389 has eaten my comment.

11 1389 November 27, 2007 at 1:42 pm

No one has been banned from 1389 Blog.

Comments are moderated to keep the blog from drowning in spam. Right now, I am monitoring the comments on my cell phone at lunchtime at work. Sometimes it takes me a little while. Please be patient!

–Blog admin 1389

12 Ed Mahmoud abu Always After Me Lucky Charms November 27, 2007 at 1:55 pm

Ah, 1389 has not eaten my comments.

Anyway, it is interesting, Charles sudden sensitivity to European fascists, when the Polish citizen (living in Chicago, and went by the nic ‘American Infidel’) was advocating deporting all US Muslims (including American born American citizens with clean records) and setting up automated machine gun nests on the Rio Grande to cut down illegals, including children, Johnson had no problems with it. Gulf Coast Pundit is where it is today, because of the first purges, Charles’ response to posters who objected to American Infidel (and her insistence that Reaganite had made a claim he had never actually made).

So, no problem with Europeans in the US who want to deport all Muslims, despite citizenship status, but a problem with any European who opposes immigration, per chance there is a remote chance of association with White Supremacists.

13 1389 November 27, 2007 at 3:52 pm

As of late, CJ certainly did change his tune about deportation. It has become a taboo topic on LGF, as it once was (and maybe still is) on Digg.

Here is why Charles Johnson of LGF deserves be drafted to serve for life on the Paris police force.

14 Ed Mahmoud abu Always After Me Lucky Charms November 27, 2007 at 4:55 pm

They’ll be threads about the Parisian car-b-q. The murdered woman, the wounded cops, won’t really be part of it. It will be generally treated (and not without some basis in fact), as France’s deserved punishment for generally being the most pro-Arab and pro-Islamist nation in Europe outside the former Soviet block.

Myself, I hope Sarkozy has the nerve, and the French public the stomach, for massive force, including the Army if need be, tear gas, rubber bullets, water cannons, mass arrest. Deadly force, if need be, to protect life and property.

15 got milk? November 27, 2007 at 7:39 pm

trash you when you can’t respond.

#250 Charles 11/27/07 3:52:52 pm reply quote report 0

By the way: ‘1389’ is code in the radical Serb movement for all-out revenge for losing the Battle of Kosovo in 1389; and for their ‘ethnic cleansing’ campaign being interrupted 10 years ago.

16 Goodbye Natalie November 27, 2007 at 7:55 pm

Spartacus,

The bleating sheep on LGF is beyond me as well. I think that what happened is that once LGF got big, Charles wanted to be liked by the libs and RINO’s, and invited to their virtual tea parties. The only way to do that is to conform to their standards of newspeak. He caved.

I think Charles has reverted back to a former self and I think you’re right – he’s caved to the criticism. The numbing of 9/11 has worn off and so has the boldness of what was once LGF. Charles was pretty tolerant of the multitudes for quite a time, me included, and he allowed a great deal of diversity in thought. And there was a time I had respect for the guy. I thought LGF was the best blog going until about a year ago. The design of the site is excellent.

But Charles either reverted back to a former self, changed right around the time the folks at GCP were banned, or the chants of fascist/racist/anti something/LGFWatch/GCP crowd really started to wear on him.

Most of the banned folks that formed GCP had actually added quite a bit to his board early on and while I didn’t blame Charles for banishing some of them (not all) because they pushed it like I did and they know it, soon thereafter, Charles seemed to take a far more muddled approach and LGF became repetitive to the point of boredom. Flame wars were vanquished without consistency in application, silly rules like content of the first posts were threatened (Firsties) with banning, and Charles became far more active and far more stringent in what he believed the content should be. Everything became measured and you had to be careful who and what was mentioned.

As far as the bleating sheep, I can’t explain it. If the bleaters think it is scoring them points, they are going to be sorely disappointed one of these days. The only allegiance and real flexibility at LGF is for a secular, select few. The rest operate under a different set of rules. If that much isn’t obvious, members need to take off their blinders. And personally, though I find this hard to admit because I do think Charles is bright, I believe that bleating has actually inflated his true self worth. He ought to know better because it’s blatantly dishonest.

There’s still some great posters there who call LGF home. Charles will have no problem getting new registrants and some of them will be good to be sure. But unless he frees himself from whatever shackles he’s now decided to operate, LGF will never again be as good as it once was, no matter the number of participants.

17 1389 November 27, 2007 at 8:57 pm

got milk?,

Thanks for letting me know what Charles Johnson said about the meaning of 1389 on his blog. I might not be able to answer him on the blog, but rest assured, my reply will be seen by everyone who needs to see it.

Charles Johnson just gave us all the proof anybody could want that he himself is a racist.

Charles Johnson lied and slandered my ethnic group.

Charles Johnson hates Serbs.

I don’t know how he got so corrupt. I don’t know whether he was bought out with money, with sexual favors, with empty promises, or with whatever else, but Charles Johnson has truly made a devil’s bargain, and there is only one way a devil’s bargain ever turns out.

For an antidote to this particular instance of evil, click on What Happened in 1389?

18 Ed Mahmoud November 27, 2007 at 9:39 pm

trash you when you can’t respond.

#250 Charles 11/27/07 3:52:52 pm reply quote report 0

I would like to see some sourcing from Mr. Johnson about the second part. Unless he is an expert on all the code words of every radical nationalist group in every nation in Europe.

Maybe, one of the things he learned when he was much younger and toured Europe as a bass guitarist.

19 1389 November 27, 2007 at 10:48 pm

Ed,

There has indeed been a vast amount of media and governmental “spin” with regard to the recent wars in the Balkans. CJ probably heard a bunch of media drivel and saw a bunch of fauxtography, just like everybody else, and thought he knew what was going on. But given the fact that CJ has the wherewithal to investigate these stories and to find out the truth on his own, there can be absolutely no excuse whatsoever for his passing along those lies.

But then, that was Bill Clinton’s war, and it wouldn’t surprise me if CJ voted for him both times, and probably would vote for Hillary if he gets the chance. My disgust with him and his behavior knows no bounds.

Suffice it to say that the vast avalanche of media deception and fauxtography that has been unleashed against the Israelis in recent years is small potatoes compared to what the Serbs are still going through.

I suggest that you will find some more accurate information on these two blogs:

Republican Riot (URL has been fixed)

Byzantine Sacred Art Blog

20 Ed Mahmoud November 27, 2007 at 11:05 pm

I’ll check the links, but I am not happy that my question was disappeared.

Both links are to the Byzantine blog, and honestly, any source not a Serbian nationalist source would be appreciated. It would be like citing the Democrat Underground to prove that Clinton has never done wrong

21 Ed Mahmoud November 27, 2007 at 11:19 pm

Re: #21

Good news, the proprietoress of 1389 has informed me by e-mail that a full response will be given to my questions, so I may indeed have been hasty in my condemnation.

To be honest, I’m guessing I’ll probably found out there was some blame to spread in every direction. As I know what I read in the MSM, and I am fully aware the MSM would spin pro-Muslim and thus, anti-Serb, and would have Bill Clinton’s back, especially once the US got involved.

22 Ed Mahmoud November 28, 2007 at 12:04 am

The Republican Riot link has the wrong URL, but I’ll hunt it down in the morning, as it is Julia Gorin, who I used to read at Jewish World Review, and would tend to trust her take.

23 1389 November 28, 2007 at 12:26 am

My bad. I fixed the URL for Republican Riot. Gotta go now, other things to do.

24 Henrik Ræder Clausen November 28, 2007 at 4:23 am

“Where the pictures of starving prisoners in Serb camps fabricated?”

While not directly fabricated, they were grossly manipulated.

Of course, the man with the hollow looks is real (he lives in Denmark now). But he was cherry-picked for his thinness from a crowd to give the impression that people at the camp were being starved. If one looks at the other people in that crowd, it’s easy to see that it was not the case.

How do I know?

There were two television crews at work in the camp that day. One crew filmed the work of the other. Here is their report:

I’d like people to watch it and see if they come to the same conclusion as myself. I’m careful with stuff like this, because it easily makes one look like being in denial of serious crimes. Thus, feedback is very welcome.

25 Henrik Ræder Clausen November 28, 2007 at 4:31 am

There’s a lot to read about the Balkan wars

Radicalization of the Muslims came from Afghanistan, from Al-Qaeda. That’s pretty well documented by now. One book to read on this is Evan F. Kohlman: “Al-Qaeda’s Jihad in Europe”.

26 Henrik Ræder Clausen November 28, 2007 at 9:34 am

The Byzantine Sacred Art blog – interesting site.

Yup, it’s nationalistic, openly. That’s not a crime. Actually, it’s more of a counter-crime, as EU, USA, UN & the Islamofascists all want us to downplay our national differences. Most out of ignorance, Islamofascists out of downright malice. All of them, however, are trying to grab power they’re not entitled to.

Remaining in charge of our own countries is vital these days. I can live with the somewhat rude nationalism at BSA, it’s better and more alive than the anemic political correctness from the UN and other places.

27 Henrik Ræder Clausen November 28, 2007 at 9:43 am

The Byzantine Sacred Art blog – interesting site.

Yup, it’s nationalistic, and openly so. That’s not a crime. Actually, it’s more of a counter-crime, as EU, USA, UN & the Islamofascists all want us to downplay our national differences. Most out of ignorance, Islamofascists out of downright malice. All of them, however, are trying to grab power they’re not entitled to.

What matters when you read a site like BSA is that the research is good. That things are documented and verifyable. And, in the midst of the Serbian defensiveness, I find it quite usable, and a good source for a different point of view than your stock US government confusion.

28 1389 November 28, 2007 at 6:32 pm

Another article about media spin and the breakup of the former Yugoslavia: http://www.monthlyreview.org/1007herman-peterson1.htm

29 Ed Mahmoud November 28, 2007 at 7:45 pm

Very interesting reading, the Monthly Review thread, and I have been reading Gorin. I am more strongly starting to suspect the real answer to instigators and agressors in the Yugoslav civil warn is rather complex, and it is apparent that the Croatian leaders share more responsibility than they have generally been given discredit for.

One problem about the link in Comment #29, is that the author is a collaborator of noted anti-American writer Noam Chompsky.

Edward S. Herman is professor emeritus of finance at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, and has written extensively on economics, political economy, and the media. Among his books are Corporate Control, Corporate Power (Cambridge University Press, 1981), The Real Terror Network (South End Press, 1982), and, with Noam Chomsky, The Political Economy of Human Rights (South End Press, 1979), and Manufacturing Consent (Pantheon, 2002).
David Peterson is an independent journalist and researcher based in Chicago.

30 Henrik Ræder Clausen November 29, 2007 at 2:47 am

“and it is apparent that the Croatian leaders share more responsibility than they have generally been given discredit for.”

I’m pretty sure the Serbs were pissed when it seemed that the Ustasha regime was returning, with full German (!) support. Franjo Tudjman, however, hired a PR agency to make his regime look friendly and democratic. That worked.

31 Witch-king of Angmar November 29, 2007 at 4:05 am

People, people…Stop playing into the hands of imam al-Charles(peace be upon him)! There is no need to react to every outrageous remark of his, it only gives him the illusion of importance. Imam al-Charles(peace be upon him) finally has his echo chamber in which constantly sings “Charlahu akbar” and curses us nationalist, nazi, white supremacist sons of apes and pigs and if he is happy all we should do is go about our own business.

32 november1981 November 29, 2007 at 5:08 am

The Madness of King Charles?

So Charles Johnson is convinced that “1389” is some secret “Evil Serb Nationalist” codeword for ethnic cleansing and genocide?

I can almost see the image in Johnson’s mind-

A cut-throat band of Serbian Orthodox Imperialists has surrounded an innocent village of totally blameless Albanian “Others” who are vulnerably sleeping in their white eggshell caps, dreaming about freedom, when the Chief Serbian Bastard receives an order barked loudly from his walkie-talkie:

“1389! Commence raping!”

This seals it for me- the man is stark raving mad. He’s lost all his marbles and gone into full moonbat mode(or better yet, “Chuckbat” mode).

I’ve never seen him take any position on the situation in the recent Balkan wars and the Jihad that was waged in Bosnia, Kosovo and Macedonia. And actually, I’ve noticed that he has very meticulously avoided posting anything related to that region. I do however, understand that the Balkans are difficult for an outsider to make any sense of, and given the atrocious one-sided reporting and all the propaganda and disinformation that’s been spread regarding those conflicts, I can see why some people would approach reluctantly or even seek to avoid having to take a stance at all.

But to come out and take this cheap gutter stab at not only the person posting as “1389”(after he’d banned you and knowing that you couldn’t answer him directly) but also denigrating the entire Serbian people as being a nation of genocidal maniacs?

What’s going on in this guy’s head?

To say that the act of Serbs observing the tragic battle at Kosovo Polje against the turk-led Islamic Empire in 1389 is really just some secretive coded commemoration of genocide is equivalent to saying that Jews celebrating Purim are actually celebrating a future genocide against “Palestinians”.

There’s something almost depraved about this. Not only the stunning display of ignorance, but also a sick and twisted “Truther” type of paranoia where he sees himself as the target of some secret underground conspiracy involving nefarious symbols and hidden motives that’s been hatched by the jealous stalkers and disgruntled “Grunions” at Gulf Coast Pundit who are seeking to sully his name and destroy the marketability of Little Green Footbaths before he can make millions off his new deal with Amazon.

He’s exhibited increasingly bizarre and aggressive behaviour ever since he embarked on his crusade against the secret stealth Flemish Nazis; and now with his cheap and gratuitous trashing of the Serbs, we once again find Charles Johnson on the same page as CAIR, Tariq Ramadan and the Organization of Islamic Conference.

33 Witch-king of Angmar November 29, 2007 at 7:46 am

People, too much attention is been given to imam al-Charles(peace be upon him). He finally has his echo-chamber, he is happy, the rest of us should go back to our own business which is far more important then anything he does.

34 Henrik Ræder Clausen November 29, 2007 at 8:23 am

The LGF title today says:

“a kind of crazed & demented watchdog”

Agreed. Enough attention paid to this site. Time to focus elsewhere.

35 Ed Mahmoud abu Always After Me Lucky Charms November 29, 2007 at 11:11 am

The LGF title today says: “a kind of crazed & demented watchdog” Agreed. Enough attention paid to this site. Time to focus elsewhere.

I’m sure the irony is unintentional.

I have stopped spelunking over there looking for the guano.

36 1389 November 29, 2007 at 1:58 pm

Now for the next step:

It’s time to take our message to LGF’s former audience (not limited to registered members) and make sure to let everybody know where to go instead, for useful information, effective activism, and free interchange of ideas. We want to attract them to our own blogs and forums – GCP, GOV, 910 Group, Foehammer’s Anvil, and others.

This means showing the audience what we offer that is of value to them, which they cannot get at LGF. It is especially important to reach other bloggers, some of whom still have the LGF widget on their blogs, but no longer bother to visit the site.

Healthy competition can be a lot of fun, especially when we win!

37 1389 December 1, 2007 at 5:35 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The long-awaited blog post is up:

Rome Wasn’t Built in a Day, Nor Was Modern Anti-Serbian Racism