Worried about neo-Nazism in Europe?
You should be worried about neo-Nazism everywhere!
Look very carefully at these articles, all from mainstream sources:
- CBS News Showbuzz: Jews, Serbs Protest Croatian Rocker’s Tour, Singer Marko Perkovic’s Song References Pro-Nazi Regime
- TheStar.com: Croatian rock star canned, Marko Perkovic was to perform in Toronto this weekend but controversy about Nazi references in his act has prompted Kool Haus to cancel show
- Globe and Mail: Singer plans secret concert, Croatian band fears demos after Wiesenthal Center denounces songs
- Herald Sun: A club for fascists and other crazies
- Herald Sun: Fascists in an ethnic swamp
Have a look at some scary pix!
- Croatia and Bosnia: Where Did Our Love Go?
- Fascist Croat Band On North American Tour
- Neil Clark: A Nazi Rocker in New York
Yes, complaints and protests ARE effective!
- MSNBC: Ire at concentration camp concert
- (Update 11/5/07):
Kosheen concert at Belgrade WWII camp cancelled
- (Update 11/7/07): (Concert already had been cancelled)
Wiesenthal Centre apologises over call for concert ban
What to do?
We all need to protest against these neo-Nazi concerts/hate-fests. Perkovic a/k/a “Thompson” incites rioting and violence. Other countries should not allow him visas to enter. These “concerts” have to STOP!
First of all, see:
- Neo-Nazi Concerts Continue Down Under, Despite Complaints
- Nazi Rock Band Thompson Touring Melbourne, Sidney, Adelaide, Perth
- TENC: Oppose Fascist Rock Star’s US Tour with the Truth – Part 1
- Contact information for where to send a complaint is in the above articles. (By the way, the email form for the US State Department doesn’t always work, but you can use the phone and mail contact information.
- Concert schedule information is in footnote 1 of the above article.
- TENC: Oppose Fascist Rock Star’s US Tour with the Truth – Part 2
- ‘Slightly Fascist’? The New York Times Prods Croatia – Gently
- Pass the links to these articles to your friends on Digg, Propeller, StumbleUpon, and other social news sites.
- Check the sources here to watch for any updates to Thompson’s schedule.
- If he is scheduled to appear in your country or region, write to, or call, your government’s State Department and ask that he be forbidden to enter. The U.S. has laws against allowing people to come in to incite or perpetrate acts of violence; other countries may have laws against entry of neo-Nazis and so forth.
I am blog admin 1389 and yes, I do have a personal interest in this matter. I am a US citizen, a Serbian-American, and an Orthodox Christian. I also have some Jewish relatives. My father and my uncles served in the US military during World War II. My relatives in Vojvodina (a part of Serbia) disappeared in the Holocaust.
No way am I putting up with any of this!
Powered by Zoundry