Hi, Michelle. I’m sure I’m not the only small-time blogger who decided to post the cartoons. I actually came out of an indefinite blog suspension just to do that. Maybe you could invite other bloggers to send you a link to their cartoon blog entry, and we could all start linking to them?
Ok. Let’s do it. If you’ve posted some or all of the forbidden Mohammed cartoons on your blog in support of Denmark and the Jyllands-Posten, send a track back or e-mail me your link. It’ll actually be a very useful road map for the enormous number of Internet users around the world who are trying to find the cartoons (just check Technorati and you’ll see what I’m talking about). I’ll get started with a few right now and keep adding as many links to this list as humanly possible…[Click here to see blogburst participants.]
Here are the 12 forbidden cartoons…
In solidarity with the free speech rights of the Danish newspaper, Jyllands-Posten, and its staff and contributors (thanks again to Michelle Malkin):
“Why is this so important now?”
Death threats to stifle free speech don’t come with an expiration date.
- Hirsi Ali: Dutch Canceled Her Security Despite ‘Credible Threats’ in US
This is shaking out exactly as I thought it would; it was the Dutch government who canceled Ayaan Hirsi Ali’s security in the United States-after she received death threats in the United States.
PARIS, Oct. 3 – Ayaan Hirsi Ali, an outspoken Dutch critic of Islam who moved to the United States to escape death threats in the Netherlands, has returned there to fight a Dutch government plan to cut off financing for her bodyguards, her lawyer said Wednesday.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali, the Moral Canary
Cacophony Redux, with only one person asking relevant questions …
– Radio Netherlands: “Dutch parliament queries Hirsi Ali security cut” – “The Dutch Lower House has called for a written explanation from Justice Minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin on the provision of security for Ayaan Hirsi Ali. The former conservative MP has returned to the Netherlands, apparently because the government is no longer prepared to pay for her protection in the United States. … Last year she left the Netherlands for the United States to work for the conservative think tank, the American Enterprise Institute.”
- Hirsi Ali: “The problem is not going to go away. Confront it, or it’s only going to get bigger.”
Hirsi Ali: …There is no moderate Islam. There are Muslims who are passive, who don’t all follow the rules of Islam, but there’s really only one Islam, defined as submission to the will of God. There’s nothing moderate about it.
Reason: So when even a hard-line critic of Islam such as Daniel Pipes says, “Radical Islam is the problem, but moderate Islam is the solution,” he’s wrong?
Hirsi Ali: He’s wrong. Sorry about that.
- Gates of Vienna – Good News: The Ayaan Hirsi Ali Security Trust Fund
We just received an email announcing the establishment of a private trust fund dedicated to raising monies for the purpose of providing Ayaan Hirsi Ali with personal security…[Click on the link for details and information about where to contribute.]
Also see: Ayaan Hirsi Ali Security Trust
- Pajamas Media: Terror Threat Against Danish Cartoon Editor Flemming Rose
PajamasXpress blogger Flemming Rose learned yesterday that he was the target of a planned terrorist attack. The editor who published the controversial Mohammed cartoons writes that he is determined not to let the revelation change his life.
“How does it feel?”
It wasn’t the unforgettable line from Bob Dylan’s ‘Like a Rolling Stone.’ That’s not what the reporter had in mind. No, she wanted to know what it feels like to be a potential target of a terrorist attack.
“It hasn’t changed my life, and won’t, because that is exactly what they want. They want to intimidate and threaten,” I told her.
Yesterday one of the four defendants in a terror case in Odense, Denmark’s third largest city, revealed in court that in the summer of 2006 a fellow conspirator had suggested building a remote-controlled car bomb and driving it into my private home in order to kill me.
The reason: the publication of 12 cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed in my newspaper Jyllands-Posten.
But wait, there’s more!
- 2/13/08: Muhammad Cartoonist Murder Plot Busted – Danish, French Press Takes a Stand
Must read: To refute the argument that the West (or Islam) has ever abided by the prohibition against depicting Mohammed, Zombie offers the Mohammed Image Archive, showing dozens of Mohammed images from throughout history. Zombie e-mails:
I think it’s important that the West stands up on this issue: if we cave into Muslim demands for self-censorship, our freedom of speech will be taken away forever.
- 1/18/08: Belarus jails publisher of Mohammed cartoons
- Click here to see cartoon censorship articles on 1389 Blog
- Click here to see blog censorship articles on 1389 Blog
- Click here to see all censorship articles on 1389 Blog
Powered by Zoundry